The Central Coast Psychological Association (CCPA) is a regional chapter of the California Psychological Association (CPA). Because the CPA is affiliated with the American Psychological Association, CCPA is your link to the psychology community at the local, state, and national level through CPA Boards and Committees.
CCPA is an entirely volunteer organization. Its level of activity within the discipline and profession of psychology is highly dependent upon the energy of its members. Some of the member services offered by CCPA include:
- Professional growth through continuing education opportunities.
- Ethical practice through CCPA’s linkage to state and national ethics committees.
- Protection and advocacy coordinated through CPA’s government affairs program.
- Practice referrals available though CCPA’s Information and Referral service.
- Professional service opportunities available through CCPA disaster response team, public interest forums, and governmental affairs initiatives.
- Updates on psychology available through the CCPA newsletter, website, and listserve.
- Community service opportunities through scheduled CCPA events.
- Networking opportunities with psychologists at the local, state, and national levels.
- Collegial relationships with psychologists from different work settings, including independent and group practice, academia, and public service.
- Social gatherings aimed at building close relationships and a feeling of interconnectedness among psychologists within the community.
- Free listings in the membership directory.
- Free listings on the online website directory.
- Discounted rates on Continuing Education sponsored in the SLO community.
Click here to learn about becoming a member.
Need more reasons to join CCPA? Click here!